Hotmail Login: While Gmail is easily Google’s USP, there’s a lot more websites released by Google that is underrated, considering the genius that the Google company is made out to be. One of these is the most amazing and efficient Hotmail. Hotmail surpasses a number of other innovations released by Google. It is not only user-friendly but has a number of tricks up its sleeves that make it a lot of fun and a lot more customizable to work with!
Hotmail Login Sign in – Create www.hotmail.com Account:
Here’re some features of Hotmail that may be lost on you.
- Send and receive images- The photos button on the left sidebar (between attachments and documents) can be used to attach multiple images in the mail. The receiver gets a Skydrive link where the needed pictures are uploaded. The receiver can view the pictures, download them (without a Windows live account) and also add comments to them for which a Windows Live account is needed.
- Edit online-This new feature of Hotmail lets you edit a document online instead of having to go through the tedious process of downloading, editing and then uploading it again. The format looks exactly like that of a Word document. It automatically gets uploaded to your Windows live Skydrive account.
- Active viewing- When you receive a link to a video in an email, instead of having to open it in an entirely different tab Hotmail now lets you watch the video from within the email window itself. It also adds a thumbnail of the video and a description by recognising it online so you get an idea of what it is.
- Live document collaboration- Now an entire team of people can work on a single document at the same time via Hotmail. All you’ve to do is click on the file, which will be present in the sender’s Skydrive, to view it online. One can see the number of people editing the document at the same time as well as simultaneously view the changes that are being made to it.
- Huge files- A file/s that takes up a lot of space (up to 10 GB) can be sent via your Hotmail account. The receiver will get it in URL form and will be able to download the file. For this, the receiver doesn’t need to have a Hotmail account himself.
- Quick views- You can decide which emails you want to prioritise and check first by simply clicking on the left side pane and choosing an option. For example, if you only want to view emails with attached documents you can click on the “Documents” option.
- Search- Trying to find a specific email in the treasure chest of your account is really difficult, especially with the amount of useless emails that one receives nowadays. By typing out related keywords in the Hotmail search bar one can easily narrow it down to the email they were actually looking for.
- Highlights- Hotmail provides you with highlights of your account’s updates. It shows only the emails you’ve received from your contacts, upcoming events, flagged content and so on. It makes it easy to keep track of important conversations and events.
By now you definitely will want to make a Hotmail account for yourself! Here’s how
How to Create Hotmail.com Login Account:
- Hotmail has changed its name to Outlook so you can access Hotmail accounts via outlook.com or Microsoft live.com.
- Go to your browser and type in hotmail.com. It will redirect you towards the Hotmail home page (which is now also known as Outlook).
- If you don’t have a Hotmail account already, click on the “Hotmail sign up” now option.
- You will be redirected to a page where you will need to pick out your Microsoft account email ID/User ID, and fill out personal and security information.
- Create a password. Use at least 8 characters, case sensitive. Numbers are recommended for greatest security. To create a strong password, use all 16 characters and include at least one capitalized letter, as well as one number.
- You have to enter at least two methods of recovery (usually phone number and another email ID) in case you forget your password. You can also answer a security question instead.
- You’ve to type out the Captcha lines presented to prove you’re not a robot!
- Next, you’ve to agree to the terms and conditions by clicking on the “I agree” box to complete the sign-up the process.
- Voila! You now have a Hotmail account that can be accessed with the email ID and password you just created.
In case you already have an existing Hotmail Login Account, here’s what you can do:
- Enter your Hotmail email address in the box that reads “Email or phone” under “Use your Microsoft account”. Hotmail accounts, outlook accounts, and Microsoft live accounts are all the same Microsoft accounts.
- Type in your password in the respective box pertaining to your entered email ID and click on the “Hotmail sign in” button.
- You can click on the tiny box below that reads “Keep me signed in” so your device will remember your login ID and password instead of having to type it in every time. However, this is not advised if other people use the same device.
- Sometimes using devices in public places to login into your accounts can be very risky. In such a situation, instead of typing in your normally used email ID and password you can sign in with the “single-use code”. Clicking on the option will redirect you to a page where you have to type in your email ID and phone number. You will receive a message with a code that can now be used to sign into the account without revealing the password.
- If you turn on two steps verification in you Hotmail account then you will have to enter another code every time with your password while logging in from an unknown device. You will receive the authentication code on your mobile or the recovery email address provided. This keeps your Hotmail Account secure at all times!